I have a new favorite lens to wish for. It is the Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 VC USD. I have read many reviews about this one and I feel that all are recommending this lens. If you have this lens you do not need any other lens for super zoom. That suits my requests.
I was looking at the pictures that have been taken with this lens and they are amazing. Right now it is hard to get a hold of this lens because Tamron just started shipping them out to the whole world. Although when there are more lenses in stock then I will hopefully go for this one as my next big superzoom lens or as Tamron like to call it a Ultra-tele lens.
Some info about the lens:
– Quiet and fast auto focus
– Less than 2 kg (1951 g), (4.30 lb)
– Good price for what you get = money value is good around 1069 $ in US, it is little more expensive in Europe though.
– It is stabilized
– 150-600 mm in focal length (with crop censor 240-960 mm)
– Smooth bokeh
– Height is 26 cm
– Can be bought for Canon, Nikon and Sony
To think about when you buy this lens:
The lens does not come with a lens bag. If you want to buy a filter to this lens it should be a 95 mm filter. You will get a lens hood, front and rear caps and a detachable tripod mount in the box with the lens.